Monday, October 24, 2011

Too Much to Say... How to Start?

For the past three days I have been receiving several reminders that I have not blogged in a heinously long time. Shocker. (A shout out to my tormentors: Chrissy, Tiff, and even Patrick...traitor.)

Although, I admit that I am enjoying the idea of seeing everyone's jaws drop in disbelief when the news somehow gets around that I've posted again. In a strange way, I almost feel like blogging equivalent of that "one girl" we all knew in high school... "Oh. My. Gosh. Do you remember that girl, Caite? Did you hear that she actually blogged again?!" Anyway, enough of my twisted musings and down to business.

During my absence from cyber-land many large changes have taken place in my life:

1) Patrick and I bought our first house. An adorable 1920s bungalow in Ogden that has been newly remodeled. We've only been here for two months and yes, there are still some scattered cardboard boxes looking for a permanent spot; but it's beginning to sink in that this is all mine now--I'm not just playing house! (Yeah, funny how bills never really entered into our childhood fantasies, huh? :D)

2) We got our first pet--a Min-Pin named Brandi that we rescued from a shelter. She's a very sweet, mellow dog who just loves to be petted and snuggled. Patrick's a bit disappointed that she's not into playing fetch, but I'm loving having a furry friend/shadow.

3) I began my final year of school. (My goal is to just make it to April. If I can do that without going crazy it'll be one of the biggest accomplishments of my life!)

4) Patrick's car died, and trying to figure out the logistics of transporting two working adults around different ends of the Wasatch Valley has become my waking nightmare. Especially since one of these adults (cough Patrick cough cough) seems to be allergic to public transportation.

All in all, it's been pretty busy in my little corner of the world.

Now, I know I have had several requests for pictures of my new home and my cute dog. Sadly after much late-night arguing with, pleading, and threatening of my phone, SD camera card, and computer: I have had no luck loading said pictures. Never fear though. I will triumph...just not today.

(I am sure that it has something to do with user error. I took a test on the technical components of various digital imaging technologies last night and did much worse than I expected. I'm afraid my foul mood and disappointment from last night leeched into today: I've been disgustingly lazy and unmotivated to try the whole picture thing again. My apologies.)

Well, I know it's kind of a short post for how much has happened. But I promise there will be more--I'll get caught up sooner or later!

4 comments:

cari said...

I don't know what's wrong with my siblings. I took the bus all the time when I was younger, be it for work or fun. The rest of them are crazy I think. People watching is great fun on a bus! Plus there is always time to read!

April Weeks said...

I will be excited to see pictures of both house and dog. Congratulations on all the new adventures in your life. I bet your dad misses you.

Dinee said...

Whoa. A post! Can't wait for the pictures of your house and your dog.

Elena Loo said...

Look how loved you are, people have to practically force you into posting because they love you so much :)