Saturday, August 29, 2009

Somtimes it's like a scene from "The Miracle Worker" around here...

So today has been kind of a "ho-hum" one for the States/Madsen household. I went to work. Dad and Patrick fixed Patrick's car. (Again.) And when I came home I went straight into study mode for a couple of hours...but after I repeated my homework playlist for the third time in a row I decided I was ready for a brain break.

Just as I was closing my books, Patrick came in to see how I was doing. (He's sweet like that.) As I followed him out of our room, I went to the kitchen to get a drink and he went back to the couch to restart his movie. I was just about to take a sip when he pressed play.

I thought I'd been transported back to WWII London, to stand around in the middle of the Blitz!(Turns out it was just another explosion from a James Bond escapade--that man has more lives than six cats...)

As I stood in a small puddle--which had thankfully missed my not-so-ample-bosom, but not my toes--I looked at my father and husband who were totally at ease in the midst of that cochlear onslaught and cursed the fact that I will either have to convince them to get hearing aids or resign myself to learning sign language...

No comments: