Saturday, February 6, 2010

Ahh, Valentines....

This is my first time experimenting with music on my blog, so everybody wish me luck...(P.S. I have tried and tried to fix the sideways pics in the slideshow, but it's not working. Guess you're just gonna have to turn your head...or leave me advice on how to fix it!)

Something rare and wonderful happened today in my marriage. You know how you develop a routine as a couple? (i.e.: Coming home from work you know the first thing your guy does is drop his stinky shoes and socks in front of the couch before he stretches out. And he knows that you'll always be five minutes late for church or a date because your still putting on your mascara and brushing your teeth. Stuff like that...)And, accordingly you begin to adjust your plans around that routine. Well, one of Patch and my routines when grocery shopping is to stop by the Redbox machine. It usually goes something like this:

Me: "Oh crap. I forgot to grab the deodorant. Will you run and grab it while I get in line?"

Patrick: "Why?"

Me: "Because you have longer legs and can walk faster."

Patrick: [Smiles and rolls his eyes.] "Fine. I'm going to look at Redbox on the way out."

Me: "That's fine. Thanks, love."

After we finish checking out, I stand behind him as he browses through the selection and picks something with suitable testosterone levels like Gran Torino or Zombieland. I don't mind. I'm usually studying somewhere else while he and dad watch it.

But today I had finished most of my homework at the theatre--it was the slowest day ever. I only had one sale--and I wanted to hang out and relax when I got home. So I asked if he would mind if I picked a movie this time (and yes, it would definitely be girly). Now, get this folks, he smiled, stepped aside and "sure."

Okay, okay, so I know that's probably not a moment you'd associate with trumpets and an angelic chorus, but for me, it kind of was. It's those little moments of unselfish giving and flexibility that remind me why I fell in love. He didn't have to say that; after all, he'd had a really long day too. But he did. He even watched the movie with me, and he didn't mock it once!

And that's why my hubby is the winner of the "Best Ever Valentine" award. Love you, sweets.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Aww, so cute. But you didn't tell us what movie you got... something good? And very nice job on the slide show and music. Kudos.