Thursday, February 24, 2011

Being the duck...

Today has not been my day. Yesterday wasn't either.

I feel really frustrated with some of the stuff going on at work; and discontented with the allotment of time I have for home and family...

But then, who doesn't have those days? So today I am trying to remember the wisdom passed down from my mother and grandma who taught me two great lessons:

1) Frustration is nothing more than the immature inability to cope.
2) Be like the duck in a pond and let the anger and hurt just roll right off your back like water.

And while it might be easier said than done, I think it's still advice worth following. So wish me luck--and I'll do my best to keep smiling!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Good luck!

Enjoying Our Journey said...

Hi sweet girl! If you need anything let me know! Luv ya!

Kaylee said...

I love that first quote... If I had thought of frustration that way before, I may have saved myself unneeded stress. ;) I miss you... I might come see you sometime soon.