Monday, April 22, 2013

A Quiet Weekend

I almost went to sleep without posting again. Luckily, I had the day off and was able to nap this afternoon, so I was awake enough to remember to blog.

Just a quick catch-up:

Friday:
I spent the day with Chrissy. We watched a bit of TV and then went over to Dad's to start clearing out the craft nook by his office. (I ended up finding a lot of forgotten treasures--like sewing patterns, fabric, and sock yarn. It was kind of like going to JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby without actually having to spend money!) When we got back to Chrissy's house, we had an impromptu dinner party as Patrick, Dad, Kaylee, and I all joined Chrissy's family for dinner. Then Scott and Ana called and invited us to go to a movie, so we also had a spur of the moment date night! An excellent end to an excellent day.

Saturday:
I had to go work. Thankfully, despite one very traumatic broken elbow, it wasn't very busy and I was lucky enough to be working with a friend of mine. So we mostly sat in the break room and knitted in between patients. I introduced her to cabling--I'm pretty sure she'll love the results! Because it was still light outside when I got home, Patch and I went for a walk and discovered a new park that we will definitely be visiting again...there are some really beautiful views here in O-Town...And we got to hang out with Scott and Ana when we got back. There's something really nice about just enjoying the company of friends over pizza and a movie rental. Don't you think?

Sunday:
Patrick was going to be working all day, so I went down to hang out at Dad's house so I wouldn't have to be alone all day. I had intended to go to church with him, but I overslept and barely had time to throw on any clothes before we left--let alone begin the painstaking process of trying to find a skirt that still fits. Needless to say, I wasn't properly attired to accompany him, so it wound up being a very mellow day for me. I mostly napped between bathroom and food breaks. Plus, Patch was kind enough to help me clean the kitchen when we got back--something that very much needed doing--I really appreciate when he helps me so willingly. (Love you, sweets!)

That brings us to today. I was without transportation or cell phone today--I accidentally left my phone at Dad's the night before--so after Patch left for work, I felt a little bit trapped. I decided to take my mind off things by focusing on getting baby projects done. (I suppose I could have done laundry or cleaned, but I found I needed something that required more mental focus than those tasks require. I don't know why, but I do feel prone to small anxiety attacks lately. So I was trying to head this one off.)

I finished painting the bottom half of the nursery. (I wasn't about to try standing on a stool to do the top half. That will just have to wait for Patrick.) I knitted a few more pattern repeats on the Blessing Day blanket I've been working on. I made myself lunch and fell asleep during an episode of Chopped. And when I woke up, I found the courage I've been waiting for, to finally tackle sewing together "The Awful Chair" slipcover. I still have two more pieces that need to be pin-fitted and sewn, but all in all, I'm very pleased with my first efforts in this arena. Pictures will be forthcoming.  


No comments: