Thursday, April 18, 2013

"It's sucking my will to live!"

I'm sorry I didn't post last night. I think I will need to make more of an effort to post in the daylight hours for the rest of my pregnancy--and probably for a while after--because I have become part slug.

Ever since Tuesday, it seems that once I get home from work, I'm awake for about a half an hour (just long enough to change clothes and grab a small bite to eat) and then I promptly fall asleep wherever I end up sitting. Sometimes it's the couch, sometimes the bed...and once in the bathtub. Patrick scolded me a bit for the bathtub incident. (I would just like to point out that I didn't drown--in fact, it would be almost impossible for me to drown at this point because I take up so much room that there's barely enough water to cover my legs--and I can't exactly turn over to end up face down now, either.) For my part, I just wish the sleep was more restful than it ends up being. I am very much looking forward to the days when I'm no longer fighting the urge to go to the bathroom at all hours of the night...Speaking of which:

I was particularly disoriented last night as I got up for my third or fourth trip to the bathroom and I was struggling to find the door handle in the dark. I fumbled around, tapping the walls for at least a minute until I found the handle. "Finally!" my brain thought; but noooo. Turns out I walked into the closet and it took me a little while to figure out why I couldn't find the toilet in this strange room filled with Patrick's shoes...

Oh, and speaking of Patrick, that reminds me I was going to tell you how his dinner turned out: It was...Okay. He did everything correctly, (Except remembering to close the lid on the jar of brown sugar before he left. Not to worry though, I had an extra bag on hand to replace the rock hard sugar when I got home.) but we decided it just wasn't our favorite recipe ever. We both prefer the savory flavor of roasted squash, while this method ends up steaming it and shrinking the sausage and herb stuffing. Plus, the brown sugar made it a bit too sweet for our taste. I'd be interested in trying to meld the same ingredients in a different way in the future...minus the sugar of course. Still, I have to give credit where credit is due--he did a good job, followed the instructions, and everything was edible. :-)

I don't think there's really anything else interesting to say. I've got one more twelve hour shift to survive today before I get a day off. Finger crossed that I stay awake for all of it! ;-)

No comments: