Saturday, April 13, 2013

Bublé isn't the only one "Feeling Good!"

Some days are just awesome...today was one of those days for me.

Patrick and I were able to go to a live session at the Salt Lake Temple with Cari and Aaron this morning. We almost didn't make it because I can't walk waddle as fast as everyone else, plus they had to wait while I went on a potty break or two...but we were seated in just the nick of time! I had never been inside the Salt Lake Temple before--it is a beautiful and holy building--I feel so blessed to have been able to experience it for myself. And the goodness of the day didn't stop after we left.

We had lunch at the Lion House Pantry and it was delicious. I'm not sure how long we just sat and talked over our food, but I loved every minute of it. It felt a little like those scenes from the movies when people go out for a day on the town and close out whatever restaurant they end up in. The only slightly sad dip in the day came when we were getting ready to drive home after lunch, and I discovered that I have officially entered the "cankle" portion of my pregnancy...I don't wear heels any more if I can avoid it because I'm becoming too unbalanced to walk more than ten feet without embarrassing myself. However, the only flat shoes I have that were nice enough to wear to the temple have straps that cross over my ankle--and, as I quickly discovered, they are perfectly placed to cut off my circulation as we were walking around downtown SLC.

I was gearing up to have a bit of a pity party over my swelling physique in the car; when Patrick surprised me and saved the day (emotionally) by stopping at store so I could pick out a pair of simple black ballet flats that I can wear to church and the like from now on. My hero! (Forget flowers, guys. If you really want to brighten up a girl's day, get her a nice pair of shoes!)

When we got home, we spent a few hours getting some more painting done in the nursery before calling a halt for the day so we could rest our aching backs. (Patrick spent all day yesterday working on sanding down my Dad's decks to get re-stained for the upcoming summer. So today he's been groaning when he walks or stands for long periods of time--like me! Tee hee!) I'm hoping that this next week will see some substantial progress in that area for us.

So, yeah...like I said before: Today has been awesome. Hope you had a good one, too!    

1 comment:

April Weeks said...

Such a pleasant re-telling. So glad it was a beautiful day.