Sunday, April 14, 2013

Everyone's busy but me...

Today I've been watching people rush around and be productive. I haven't been.

Our sacrament meeting in particular was pretty crazy--we had four baby blessings today. So with all the extended families and friends who came to support their loved ones, we found ourselves sitting on the last row of folding chairs halfway to the back of the gym. Plus, we couldn't really hear anything because of all the extra children--especially the "escape artists" who spent most of the meeting running back and forth behind us on the hardwood floor. Watching all those mom's trying to chase their little ones made me kind of tired. I don't think that bodes well for the future when my own offspring becomes mobile...

When we got home from church we started to pick up the front rooms a bit. And when I say we, I mean Patrick, because all I was able to accomplish was unloading the top rack of the dishwasher before I dissolved into a pathetic puddle on the edge of the sofa. Patrick finished picking up the main room and took out the garbage while I pretty much just sat and stared at the floor feeling exhausted.

We came down to Dad's house to finish doing our taxes this afternoon, and it was more of the same. I watched Dad cook and Patrick set the table. I watched them clean up afterward. And then I watched as Patrick went outside to do some more sanding on Dad's front porch. Dad was apparently infected by this whole productivity bug, because he left a few minutes later to go start repairs on some of the rotten boards on the back deck.

I have nothing more strenuous for my future planned that sitting and watching TV for the rest of the evening...It's a lazy Sunday for me! 

1 comment:

cari said...

I had that problem too. I took a nap, then woke up and spent another hour just hanging out in bed. Then I just hung out on the couch while the boys ran around and Aaron worked a bit.