Thursday, February 7, 2013

Does this count as a "fluff" piece in the context of a news broadcast?

Sorry I missed blogging yesterday. Nothing major happened, circumstances were just not in my favor. Patrick had had a very stressful encounter with a patient at the pharmacy and wanted to "detox" when he got home from work. He has a show that he can only watch on the computer, so I went into the bedroom to knit for a while (fully intending to blog after he was done)...and, well, the next thing I remember it was morning. So yeah; you didn't miss much. (Especially because it was a twelve hour day yesterday for me so I just knitted between x-rays...Man, my life gets so exciting sometimes there doesn't seem to be a way to contain it!)

As far as today goes, it wasn't bad or good. It just was. I spent the morning at my dad's doing our taxes. (Grown-up stuff blows.) Once that was done I died a little inside I ate some M&Ms and continued my work on yesterday's knitting project while hanging out with Chrissy and Lila--who were also hanging out at dad's while their house is being painted. Having a chill day with family definitely trumps taxes.

I've been wanting to show you all what it is I'm working on currently; so, I stole borrowed Patrick's phone so I could post some pictures of it. (Because apparently my camera still isn't on speaking terms with our computer. It feels like all my electronics are in high school cliques...)

Here is the beginning of my project that will one day turn into:

The Beekeeper's Quilt by Tiny Owl Knits
(Won't this look so adorable in our future nursery?!)

This is Baxter trying to claim the pile of "Fluff Puffs" (as they were named by Lila this afternoon) for his new bed.
I don't think so, Scooter...


After watching the cat try to sneak off a puff or two into some hard-to-reach-into corner behind the sofa I think I might have to make him a couple stuffed with catnip or something so that he'll leave mine alone...After all, I need to make about 384 of these bad boys and I don't want to be perpetually counting my stash to make sure I haven't been cat burgled...

No comments: