Friday, February 22, 2013

My Dad, the Not-Quite President

Today is my Dad's mumble mumble Birthday!

When I was little, I would always confuse my Dad's birthday with Presidents' Day because they fell so close together. A few years, I think the days even coincided...at least all the sales would be during his birthday weekend, and I thought it was awesome how everyone was celebrating his special day.

To me, he may as well have been the leader of the free world--because he is just that awesome. :)

However, you'd think after a lifetime of mentally associating my Dad with Presidents' Day, that I would remember to start making his birthday gift before then. Apparently not. I did almost finish it at work today--but we got slammed during After Hours so I'll have to finish it up tomorrow. (I can feel that I'm going to fall asleep pretty soon after finishing this post.) Still, my conscience is assuaged by the fact that we won't be getting together to celebrate as a family until Sunday, and I'll for sure be finished by then. (Wrapping and all!)

Until then, here's to the man who supported and raised me, and who still saves my bacon from time to time--life wouldn't be as fun without him--My Dad!


No comments: