Saturday, February 16, 2013

It Takes Two...

Some days I am reminded how glad I am to be part of a "team."

I've been kind of slacking on my de-cluttering goal for this February. (I'm really working on trying to get the house ready for the baby's arrival. Which necessitates some major rearranging...which can't happen until I clear out all the superfluous items we've collected over the years...which I haven't been doing very much of...) So today I woke up with a little fire lit under my butt--determined that I was going to make some major headway this weekend.

You can imagine my surprise when, after asking what I was getting dressed all the way down to my lace-up shoes for this morning, Patrick volunteered to help me out. (My inner jaw dropped and I did a mental "Woot! Woot!") With his help, we finally took down the Christmas decorations (don't judge me), completely cleaned the entire upstairs (ahh...), and made a little bit of progress down in the basement (which is by far the scariest room we have to tackle).

It's amazing what a big difference a little bit of help makes. I especially have to give him props for his willing attitude--it feels so nice to be able to simply ask for help and not feel like I have to beg or nag for it.

And as if accomplishing a big chunk of household tasks wasn't enough to make today great, I totally got spoiled tonight. Patrick pulled out the big guns and swept me off my (slightly swollen) feet by giving me a homemade "spa night." He drew me a bath, massaged me with lotion...the man even helped me shave my legs, which are becoming harder to see and reach.

All in all, I'd say he's earned a great big gold star today. He's definitely the MVP for this team!


No comments: