Monday, February 25, 2013

Struggling...

So, it seems February is the month in which I struggle with posting on the weekends. Okay. I can own that. Next month I'll do better. (Fingers crossed.)

Yesterday was good. I had another rough night's sleep--which meant I overslept--which meant we didn't make it to church because I wasn't up and ready to encourage Patrick to get moving. :) It happens sometimes. So instead I made a birthday cake (Torte, actually) for dinner at Dad's that evening. We all had a good time. Dad made turkey and mashed potatoes and Chrissy made green bean casserole and I devoured everything in my path! We then played a round of Dominion and fell into a turkey coma while watching the Oscars. It was an awesomely mellow evening. And Dad loved the socks I made him. :) I forgot to take a picture, but I'll put it on my to-do list.

Today was good. It would have been better if I weren't so hormonal during the evening...I'm making Pasta-Roni in a skillet as we speak because I don't have the emotional wherewithal to handle washing out a saucepan at the moment...But before that I had a good start. I got to hang out and knit with Chrissy--and Kaylee dropped by later--we all had fun avoiding our daily responsibilities for a few hours. But then it was time to go, and the responsibilities were still there, and...yeah.

Getting back to reality again was made even less appealing by the fact that our commute home was horrendously long. It's usually around 30 minutes, but tonight it took us almost 2 hours. And it was that packed-like-sardines kind of traffic, so Patrick's nerves were frazzled and my bladder almost exploded before we made it home to where he could unwind and I could finally pee.

And here's the part where I freely and fully admit that I have no intention of doing any of the tasks I originally had planned to do before going to bed tonight. Instead, I'm going to raid the fridge, take a bath, and then eat spoonfuls of Nutella while watching some sappy girl show so that I have some outward excuse for breaking down into ugly tears.

See you on the other side.

No comments: