Saturday, February 23, 2013

Made It

I didn't accomplish much today. I woke up in the wee hours of the morning with some serious back and side pain that didn't go away for several hours. The good part of that scenario is that I wanted to focus on something besides the pain--so I finished my dad's birthday present by 9:00 am. Hot diggity!

The bad part of the scenario was that my rhythm was totally thrown off and I went back to bed around 11:00 am and didn't get up again until 6:30 pm. (Well, that's not quite true. I had my doorbell rung three separate times today by teenage boys all wanting to shovel my driveway for money...which would be nice, but I don't have the cash to spare. I got really annoyed by the time the last kid showed up around five, and admittedly was kind of brusque with him. He was about sixteen and wanted $15. I was in a flannel nightgown, clutching my side from trying to move quick enough to answer the door, with my fabulous bed head, looking like death warmed over while trying to keep my cat from escaping into the snow storm. His opening line was, "I'll shovel your walk for fifteen bucks." Not even a "hello"? Really? My response was, "Do I look like I've got fifteen bucks on me at the moment?" He answered with a brilliant Keanu Reeves impersonation of, "Uhh...not really." To which I replied, "Well, better luck elsewhere." And then I shut the door. I know it was rude, but I can't seem to care.)

Anyway, the point of this post is that while I was having an off day I still got two important things made: Dinner and Dad's birthday gift. (Insert the white girl version of "Holla!" here.)

Ta da! Wrapped and everything...just like I said! (Please excuse the blurry cell phone pic.)

No comments: