Monday, February 11, 2013

Mondays can be cool

I know everyone associates Mondays with that "daily grind" feeling, myself among them. But sometimes, Mondays can surprise you and turn out better than you expected. For example:

I ended up not having to work this Monday. Boo ya! (Another lady in my department just had a baby so we're all mixin' it up this week to cover her shifts.)

Patrick didn't have to work until later today so we got to spend the morning together. Plus, it was very entertaining watching him make pancakes. It's not often that he voluntarily cooks (and I believe last month's waffle post proves why) but when he does--he really goes for it. There was a near incident involving baking powder...in which he had to be reminded that there is a big difference between 3/4 cup and 3/4 teaspoon...but not to worry, the mistake was caught in time. (Although it would have been hilarious to watch his reaction, I didn't think it was practical to keep my silence and let him learn by experience this time. After all, we only have the one tin of baking powder and the man almost used the whole thing on a mistake!) *Sigh* I love that man. I just hope he doesn't inadvertently poison the children with boxed macaroni and cheese one day...

Other highlights of the day include lots of knitting time while watching a hilarious new TV show with my sister. (By the by, I officially reached 50 out of 384 "fluff puffs" today. Progress!) They also include the fact that I almost wet myself in her front yard...It was time to pick up the kids from school and her windshield was covered in snow, so--with her door open--she turned on the wipers and then squealed as a bunch of snow was dumped in her lap and car. She would hurry to brush all the snow of her and the seat only to be thwarted as the wipers made a return trip with more snow. This happened three times before she actually turned the wipers off and shut the door! Seriously folks, I may have pulled something because I was laughing so hard. It. Was. Awesome.

But the most exciting thing of all was the fact that Patrick was able to feel/see the baby move for the first time! For weeks now, I have eagerly been putting his hand on my stomach whenever I felt her become active in the hopes that he would be able to feel her too. We've both been slightly disappointed each time he couldn't; but in the wee hours of the morning today we finally struck gold! I wish I had gotten his face on camera...I've never seen him smile so big--it was like Christmas morning, a trip to Disneyland, and winning the lottery all rolled into one! He is already SO excited to be your daddy, baby girl!

No comments: