Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

We celebrated Valentine's yesterday by treating ourselves to a movie. (We have to see late night movies because of our work schedules, and since we knew we'd be able to sleep in today, we thought it better to go last night.)


Patrick loves zombies and I love witty dialogue, so this was our "sweethearts" movie this year. I actually really enjoyed it. It wasn't gory or gruesome so much as off-beat and funny...very much "our kind of thing." I thought about blogging as soon as we got back from the show, but it was already midnight and would have counted as today anyway. 

Today wasn't super-romantic in the traditional sense. Patch had to work, and it was pay day (meaning we pay other people all our money...I'm sure you're all familiar with the concept) which meant running errands and that sort of thing for me...Although, I did go back down to Centerville for the second time this week. I ran around with Chrissy and the kids and helped get things ready for Brian's birthday. (Happy Birthday, Brian!)

But before we got caught up in the flurry of activity during the day, we made a special trip to my office to get some pictures of the baby to share with you. We were able to capture another yawn/stretch of hers!


 It's these times--when it feels like I'm suspended in a moment with my little family, just being present and not thinking or stressing about finances or anything else--that I feel the most relaxed and connected to Patrick. And it feels nice to remember, even if only in seemingly short-lived bursts, what a sweet and caring man he is; how much I appreciate all his hard work and sacrifice to provide for us; and what a good father he is going to make.  

Happy Valentine's Day. I love you sweetheart. (Both my sweethearts!)

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

That video is so priceless! I'm so looking forward to meeting your little one when she enters this world. :)

Lisa said...

Little angel.