Saturday, March 23, 2013

A Wonderful Surprise!

I apologize for my failure to blog last night. It was a long day at work and when I got home I totally forgot all about it because this was the sight that greeted my eyes as I opened the door:


(Okay well, maybe not the exact sight because it was surrounded by people and the couch and so on, but I was so excited and in-the-moment that I didn't think to take a picture. So I found one instead. )

Isn't it beautiful?! 

It's my birthday present from Scott and Ana--my dear, sweet brother and sister-in-law--and I was totally floored. I spent the better part of the next five minutes just standing and staring and repeating "Oh my gosh, you guys!" over and over like a broken record. Then I came to and started to mess around with all the buttons and levers, making sure I knew how to fold it up and hook things together...I was like a kid obsessed with a new toy on Christmas morning. 

They were able to stay and watch a movie with us, so we all just hung out for the rest of the evening. (I didn't really pay attention to the movie because I was too busy admiring my new stroller and wondering if it would be weird if I tried to use the cat as a practice dummy...probably...but I still haven't ruled it out as a possibility.)

I also forgot to blog because I was so busy receiving an inundation of phone calls and text messages from all you wonderful people that I'm lucky enough to call my friends and family. I felt bad that my last post sounded so dire/cryptic and worried you all. I tried to be as down to earth and practical as I could without causing you any alarm--we aren't going bankrupt or anything, just trying our best to readjust to new circumstances--but I felt so blessed to be the recipient of so much love and concern. I can't thank you all enough...It's amazing how a few kind words and thoughtful gestures from others have the power to boost your self-worth and confidence. Thanks. 

In other news, today Patrick rewired our cable so that we actually have basic TV now. He did a beautiful job both in hooking things up and cleaning up after himself. I don't know which one I'm more thrilled about! (In my head, I kept picturing him as if he were in one of his video games...like, if every home improvement project he completed were "experience points" and he'd get bonuses or 1-Ups for completely them in a timely manner...Hmm. I think I may have stumbled onto an interesting motivational tool...I'll have to think on how to implement it some more.) 

I slept in until about 11 am--which is kind of a miracle at this point! I cannot seem to find a sleeping position that stays comfortable for more than a half hour at a time...I must have worn myself out from all my tossing and turning earlier in the week. I also tried to get myself back into my Meal Planning groove (we'll see how that goes for me this week), cleaned the bathroom, and folded a batch of laundry. That's as close to "on fire" as I've been for a while now. The house is still pretty cluttered. But it's clean clutter that's just waiting for a new home as we work on the nursery.

We also got to hang out with Scott, Ana, and Trevor (a long-time friend of both Patch's and Scott's) tonight. They were kind enough to bring over ingredients for a meal and I helped Ana learn how to make it. I'm very flattered that she thinks I'm a good cook and asks me to show her different recipes. I really enjoy it--not just because it swells my ego--but because I really enjoy having someone in the kitchen with me. I like sharing the tasks like chopping vegetables as we chat or something; which is one thing that Patrick adamantly does not like to do. Pretty much anything that keeps him in the kitchen longer than it takes to raid the fridge or dish up seems to be filed under "drudgery" in his mental index. Oh well, I've got eternity to change his mind, right?

Thank you all again, for your kind thoughts and wishes. Please know that you're in ours as well! Until tomorrow--good night!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. Lametu,I contacted you in regards of my lover. He no longer wants to associate with the other woman anymore. He left her and came back to me and it was like a miracle to me and i couldn't believe it. But he came back and appologised to me and even promised to divorce his wife and marry me. Dr. Lametu i promise you that once he marry me, i will buy you a car as a special present just to show you how grateful iam. Thank you once again! Ancientspiritualtemple@gmail.com