Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

I woke up a little disoriented this morning. Sometime in the middle of night my back started giving me grief so I moved out to the couch. Patrick followed me a short time later. I woke up at 8 am confused as to how we got there, because I clearly remembered falling asleep in our bed...

My best guess is that I was having another one of my "realistic" dreams--the kind where nothing really strange or unusual happens, but it feels like it's actually happening--so it takes me a while to figure out whether I'm actually awake or not. Today I woke up convinced that our church didn't start until 11 am, so I went back to sleep for a few more hours. Yeah, it starts at 9 am...has for a couple months now! At least we didn't miss everything. We still went to the last hour and enjoyed all the musical numbers people had prepared for the holiday.

We then spent the rest of the afternoon and evening visiting both of our families, watching kids go on Egg Hunts and just chatting. It was lovely. After a week that's been fairly stress-filled, I know it was a balm to my soul to take the time to reconnect with those I love and not worry about worldly stuff--even if it's just for one day.

Easter is supposed to herald a renewal of our hope and faith, and I really felt that this year. It came at the perfect time to remind me what's most important...and I'm grateful for it. So, I hope you all had a happy, peaceful Easter weekend, too!

No comments: