Monday, March 18, 2013

"Barbs. Babies. Battlestar Galactica..."

So sorry for the "radio silence" these past few days, but I lack the technology to blog from anything but a PC at the moment. You can see what I was up to here on Chrissy's blog.

Today has been an interesting combination of mellow and productive...Patrick took me in for my three hour glucose testing early this morning. (I am sooo grateful he had the day off and could go with me. For whatever reason, this particular test has had me pretty stressed out and I'm glad I had his support to get through it.) One of the perks in working where I do, is that I know which lab techs are really good at drawing blood--not just getting the vein, but also making it as comfortable for the patient--so I made certain that one of "pros" was there to do mine. Everything went pretty smoothly until it was time to wait for my second hour draw, then I started to get pretty nauseated, so they had me lie down in one of the rooms for the rest of the test. We watched the BBC show Sherlock in between pokings and I was glad when it was over and we could finally go eat.

I told Patrick that I felt like I deserved a reward after surviving my test with my dignity intact (aka: not letting my coworkers see me shed a few tears and moan while holding back the urge to vomit up the nasty sugar water they gave me), so we had a late breakfast at IHOP. It was one of the tastiest meals I've ever eaten. It's amazing how hunger improves the quality of food.

After eating, we both got a jolt of energy and went to run a few errands. On a whim, we stopped by Home Depot to price out some chair rail molding that we'd like to put up in the nursery--and since we found it was discounted, we got it! Patrick had surprised me by picking up the paint for the baby's room while I was gone, so it feels like we're finally making progress in that area of the house.

We got back and Patrick helped me out by doing all the icky, smelly jobs like scraping off cookware and emptying the fridge of expired stuff and taking out the trash. Then I put in a good hour of housework while he put the crib together and started prepping the walls for paint. We installed the molding, and he was able to get most of the top half of the walls painted before his friend Trevor came over for dinner and a Battlestar Galactica marathon.

Since neither of us work until late tomorrow, I'm excited to see what kind of progress we'll make in the morning! (By the way, I'm doing my best to document the nursery's progress as requested, but I still think I'll hang on to the pics until we're ready for the big reveal.)

1 comment:

cari said...

If you thought that meal was great, wait for the sandwich you get right after the baby is born. It will be the best sandwich you ever ate!!