Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cutting Myself Some Slack

Today I did a lot of things...but you wouldn't know it to look at me or my surroundings.

We've got a big celebration weekend coming up with two birthdays and a wedding. So I worked on making gifts today. I finished one and the other two are in progress. (I also got a surprise visit from my Dad and we went on an unexpected grocery run. Thank you again, Dad! The groceries are a blessing and getting to spend time with you and chat was fun.)

I made excellent use of my new crafting space, and even cleaned everything thing up despite feeling sapped by my spurt of creativity...so now it looks like I haven't done anything with my day at all...

I almost feel like I should have left a little mess behind me, just to prove I was there. It's a weird feeling. But it's probably just because I'm feeling a little deflated looking at all the things I didn't do today that I can still see--like my untidy front room, the sink full of dishes, the unmade bed, and the hamper of dirty laundry. However, I am choosing to cut myself a little slack today.

I did a lot of manual labor yesterday, and (all evidence to the contrary) I spent a huge chunk of time today focusing on ways to make my friends and family happy; so instead of feeling guilty for not having a "magazine clean" space when I go upstairs, I'm going to call in some "me time" tonight and just let the stress of it go. They are not insurmountable tasks. I can tackle them tomorrow. And I know I have a partner I can rely on to help me manage both the house and my stress levels.

Life is good.



1 comment:

Elena Loo said...

Those moments are good too! Dave is the coolest ever! You guys are awesome - keep it up! :)