Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Slow Start and a Strong Finish

I had another day off today and Patrick didn't have to go in to work until one. Needless to say we took the opportunity to have a very lazy morning together...and for my part a lazy afternoon; because after Patch left I think I took another three hour "nap" and didn't really become coherent again until sometime around four...

After waking up and chatting on the phone with my sister for a while, I looked around and thought about all the stuff I could/should have been doing at that moment. Normally that kind of thinking takes the wind out of my sails and sends me into a depressive tailspin; but I've really been focusing on "chunking" my time and tasks lately and I think it's starting to form into a habit. So, instead of deflating like I usually would, I just set the timer on my phone for 15 minutes and did what I could in that amount of time.

For the next three hours I worked in 15 minutes shifts followed by 15 minute breaks. And the next thing I realized, Patrick was home, the house was clean, laundry was folded, and dinner was almost ready to be put on the table. Plus, I had totally finished I book I started reading a few days ago! (Beat that Wonder Woman!)

And it was a surprisingly inventive dinner if I do say so myself. I found myself staring into the fridge on one of my breaks and realized I had some chicken breasts and bacon that needed to be used before they expired and voila!: cream cheese and herb stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon. Can we say "tasty?" (Seriously, I feel like I should have a cape fluttering around my shoulders and be wearing my underwear on the outside...but in the cool superhero kind of way, not the "someone should check on her Thorazine drip" kind of way...)

So now, my fellow citizens, I'm going to take my super-self off to bed--where I will have sweet dreams about all the stuff I don't have to do tomorrow!



2 comments:

Elena Loo said...

i LOVE those moments. Way to go!! You are wonder woman! and the dinner sounds delicious!

Chrissy said...

If you start wearing your underwear on the outside we'll just chalk it up to pregnancy brain... :)

You are awesome, and you'll have to share your inventive recipes.