Friday, January 11, 2013

Almost

Today I was almost late for work…but Patrick got up to shovel the driveway so I could be on time. Thank you, love.
I almost crashed and died on the drive to work…but I didn’t. Mostly I just got freaked out when I slid around icy corners.
I almost looked cute today…but it didn’t last. I did my hair and makeup before work, but by the time I got there my hair reverted to its “bed head” state and ruined the whole effect.
I almost fell asleep at my desk this morning…but then I got a patient and remained steadily busy the rest of the day. Seriously close call. There was drool.
I almost finished the baby blanket…but then I got bored and set it aside. At the time I was convinced that I just didn’t want to run out of yarn while at work; but I was deluding myself.
I almost had a bowl of soup for lunch…but I forgot to cover it in the microwave and lost about half of it in a tragic broth explosion. The worst part was having to wipe down the microwave afterward. Such a waste.
I almost had a crying jag (for no reason) in the middle of the afternoon…but was able to distract myself by looking up nursery ideas online. Pregnancy hormones are weird.
It almost stopped snowing today…but it didn’t. Temperamental weather.
I almost broke down and bought some snacks at the pharmacy after my stash ran out…but then I remembered that we need to be really frugal to make it to next pay day. So I refrained. And lo, the Diabetes Specialty Center sent over a bunch of chocolates as a thank you for our referrals. (No one else besides me seemed to consider the candy an ironic gesture.)
I almost got depressed whenever I thought about how long this twelve hour shift was taking…but then I would remember that it’s also more money in the bank. That definitely helped to perk up my outlook. I need to work as much as I can, while I can.
I almost fell over during an exam…but the patient was able to catch me and keep me steady. It was embarrassing for me, but I’m glad they were so nice about it. Not sure how I feel about this changing center of balance thing…
Lastly, I almost decided to wait to post until I got home (just in case something really interesting happened)...but then I thought that all I really want to do when I get there is put on comfy pants and eat Nutella while waiting for Patch to come home.
So, I hope you all have a lovely evening and are able to travel safely if you must. See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm with you on the chocolates. :)

Chrissy said...

Tragic broth explosion, drool, and diabetic referral chocolates. I do love reading about your day. :)