Saturday, January 26, 2013

Today is brought to you by the Letter "P"

P is for "Productive"

I had a goal today to clean my house. I had the energy, the time, and a plan...it's like the the planets aligned or something...Now, I admit I didn't get to everything I had planned; but I did pretty good and am feeling awesome anyway! I'm copying down my To-Do List from today so that I can look back and bask in my self-satisfaction. (And also to brag a little bit. It is pretty awesome to see how much I got done in about three hours this morning.)

Bedroom
make bed
clear/dust surfaces
pick up floor
vacuum

Bathroom
tidy shelving over toilet
take out trash
wipe down surfaces/mirror
scrub toilet
scrub bath/shower
sweep floor

Kitchen
clear/wipe down counters
put out "Hot Spot"
empty dishwasher
do dishes
clean out fridge/pantry
take out trash
scrub stove top
shine the sink
sweep the floor

Main Room
pick up floors and surfaces
put out "Hot Spots"
dust
vacuum
take down Christmas decorations

Laundry
do some

P is for "Philanthropy"

Yesterday I got a text message from my sister-in-law Cari asking if I'd be home tomorrow because they were going to be in the area. I replied yes and was surprised and excited--her family lives a couple hours away and we don't get to see them as often as other family members. Patrick was upset that he was going to miss them (poor guy had to work today), but tried to accept fate gracefully. And I am sorry he missed their visit too, because they totally surprised us...I thought they were just stopping by to say hi as they were running errands or something, but instead they arrived bearing gifts: groceries to be precise.

It was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me. The boys trooped in carrying sacks of bread and snacks, frozen pizzas and burritos. They were followed by Cari and Aaron with yet more sacks, a jug of milk, and some homemade hamburger stew that Cari had made for lunch. And they were followed by Scott and Ana who brought us more bananas and strawberries (yay!) and fruit juice. I was so surprised that I couldn't even cry--which I thought I was bound to do, given how teary I am lately--I just stood in shock as my kind and loving in-laws filled my fridge and pantry so that Patrick and I wouldn't have to worry about whether to choose gas or groceries with this next paycheck.

It was a huge blessing and a wonderful reminder of the real-life guardian angels surrounding me and my growing family. I am so thankful. And I look forward to they day when I can pay-it-forward. (I think my emotion has caught up with me...everything is looking blurry as I'm trying to type while I cry...good thing that spell-check exists.)

P is for "Promising"

Which is how the future is looking! I feel prepared for tomorrow, pleased with today, and at peace with the past. (How's that for an alliteration?)

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

That is awesome! I'm so glad you had a great day, you really deserve it. :)

Elena Loo said...

Thats so wonderful! Man, I feel lately, like all 3 of us are going through som challenges but I am seeing so many miracles and acts of service that it makes it so happy. I'm so glad. It makes my heart happy that people are watching out for my family, when we can't be there.