Saturday, January 19, 2013

Things I Am Grateful For

#1- Friends

I have a friend at work who was a lifesaver today. She picked me up and took me home so that we (meaning Patrick) could work out some car issues even though I'd be gone most of the day. Plus, she also bought me breakfast--just because. She's the bomb.

#2- "Miracle" money

One of the things I have been very stressed about this week was our finances. On payday I sat down, did some math, and figured we could (barely) make our bills and other obligations--but we'd have no money for gas or food. Patrick and I talked long and hard about it...well, he talked and I cried...but in the end we decided to pay the bills rather than rack up another set of late fees. We came up with a plan on how to cope, and went to bed praying that we'd be able to make it to next payday on what we had.

Well, lo and behold, this morning when I woke up I went to check out bank accounts to make sure all the bills had cleared--there was about $100 that I had some how not accounted for. We were able to fill our cars and get milk and other necessary groceries. It couldn't have come at a better time and I am sooo relieved!

#3- Patrick

Well I am always grateful to have such a sweetheart for my husband, there are some days when he outdoes himself. Today was one. Here's just a short list of awesome things he's done today:
* Washed our bedding
* Went to donate plasma so we could have some "emergency" funds in case we ever got this tight again
* Totally did the dishes!
* Scrubbed the toilet and wiped down the bathroom
* Did the grocery shopping
* Changed the litter box without being asked or reminded
* Bought a gigantic package of super soft tissues to help get me through this never-ending cold
* Somehow made me feel pretty despite being stuffy and looking bloated...even made me stand still so he could get a picture of "his ladies."



#4- Family

We spent a really fun evening just hanging out with Scott and Ana. We watched movies and ate junk food--and just generally enjoyed the fact that with MLK day coming up, we could all relax into an extra-long weekend.

And speaking of weekends--I hope you all enjoy yours!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

You know why there was enough money? Because you were acting with faith. :) I'm so glad things are feeling less stressful and I think you look very pretty. Just so cute and pregnant. Love you!