Monday, January 28, 2013

"Knock, knock...guess who!"

Tonight Patrick and I came up with a fun new game to play. I've decided to call it "Knock, Knock."

About a week or so I started to feel the baby move...not very often or very strong, of course, but that's starting to change. I'm getting a little better at recognizing what's her and what's me--and she's getting stronger--which helps me tell the difference!

Well, tonight after dinner we were lying down watching TV when the cat jumped onto my lap and started kneading my belly. And it took me by surprise when I started to feel my belly kneading back! I pushed the cat away and gave some experimental pokes of my own and was thrilled when I would feel a little "tap, tap" in whatever area I had poked. Patrick caught on, and though it's still to early for him to feel her from outside, he very enthusiastically started to play my belly like a bongo drum while I laughed and told him when she responded. It was definitely the longest period of time when I've been able to feel her be active!

All in all, I would say our first "family game night" was a roaring success. We can't wait to play again!

No comments: