Sunday, January 20, 2013

I'm practicing to be a mom...

We had a good Sunday. Patrick had to work--unfortunate for him--but kind of a bonus for me, as I got to spend extra time hanging out with family. (Plus I also got a really long nap, which was fabulous. I feel like I might be able to kick this infernal cold now.)

The boys spent the afternoon watching football. Boring. (That's right! I said it!) So Chrissy, Jake, and I played a game called Dominion while the girls ran around playing pretend. I am proud to say that I finally won a round of the game! (It's only taken me six or seven tries...)

And we got to round out the evening with a party at Great One's house. Her birthday party to be precise. (Happy Birthday, Grandma!) It was a lot of fun. Someone had found a bunch of old family photos and school projects, and we had a great time reminiscing about all the funny things done and said over the years. We would have liked to stay a little longer, but I have to work in the morning--unlike everyone else it seems--so we headed for home.

On they way, I mentioned that a load of whites was ready to be washed, and that we needed to make the bed. (Patrick did a great job on our comforter and coverlet yesterday, but wasn't able to get to the sheets before we were both dog tired.) Anyway, Patch started to whine about how he just wanted to lay down and relax...and when I say "whine" I mean "threw a bit of a tantrum." There was foot stomping involved, folks. I laughed, and he got more annoyed.

Anyway, the upshot was that I got tired of trying to argue with my man-child husband, so I agreed we could sleep under the pile of blankets--again--instead of sheets on two conditions: 1) He is going to make the bed in the morning after I leave, and 2) he is also going to do the load of whites--all the way through to making sure they get folded properly and put away. If he doesn't do these things, he agreed to a "consequence" of my choosing...I'm thinking something along the lines of doing dinner dishes for a week...(evil chuckle!)

You are now all my witnesses. If you have a spare moment in your holiday tomorrow, maybe you could send him an encouraging text...mwahahahaha!

No comments: